To join the Wilbur M. Comeau Post 4, The American Legion
1314 Main Street
Haverhill, MA 01830
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST PRESENT A COPY of their
DD 214 OR DISCHARGE for REVIEW.
Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to the Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on "APPLICATION" button.
Print two (2) completed copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to our Post address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 DISCHARGE FOR REVIEW.
(Click this link for DD214 Discharge Application)
3. Membership Dues Payment, (Annual Dues: $35.00). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see new eligibility date info below.
Current members applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form
b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE for REVIEW
c. COPY OF MEMBERSHIP CARD
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
ELIGIBILITY DATES for MEMBERSHIP IN THE AMERICAN LEGION
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the time period, above and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
For any questions please contact our staff, any officer, or stop by our Post.
Click on the gold star "Application" menu button for an online application form.